Cold Case Investigations  

Go Back   Cold Case Investigations > NEWS AND NEW EVENTS > NEWS SPOT

NEWS SPOT “If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world but I am sure we would be getting reports from hell before breakfast.” William Tecumseh Sherman quotes (American Civil War General and a major architect of modern warfare. 1820-1891)

Old 06-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Miss Killjoy

Default Suzanne M Collins

UPDATE: 28 June 2006
Suzanne Marie Collins may now rest in peace. Her vile murderer has finally been put to death by the State of Tennessee for the brutal and terrible crime that he inflicted on this fine young woman.

October 2002

Sedley Alley v. Ricky Bell
No. 99-6659
Appeal from the United States District Court
for the Western District of Tennessee at Memphis.
No. 97-03159--Bernice B. Donald, District Judge.
Argued: July 30, 2002
Decided and Filed: October 3, 2002
Before: RYAN, BOGGS, and BATCHELDER, Circuit Judges.
BOGGS, Circuit Judge. Petitioner Sedley Alley was convicted of the 1985 kidnapping, rape, and murder of United States Marine Corps Lance Corporal Suzanne Marie Collins and was sentenced to death. His conviction and sentence were affirmed on direct appeal, and Alley was denied relief in state post-conviction proceedings. Alley's petition for federal habeas relief, filed pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 2254, was denied by the United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee in an exhaustive and well-reasoned opinion. For the reasons herein, we affirm the district court's denial of Alley's petition.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:31 PM
perl

Default Re: Suzanne M Collins

Thanks for the update. This was such a sad case. I remember reading about it in one of the Douglas books (Mindhunter maybe? or the other one).