Cold Case Investigations  

Go Back   Cold Case Investigations > MISSING PERSONS > AMBER ALERTS

AMBER ALERTS SCARY STATS 90 percent of all children abducted by strangers are sexually assaulted, then released by their abductor Less than 3 percent of abducted children are murdered 74 percent of murdered children were killed within the first three hours of their abduction 91 percent of the murdered children were killed within the first 24 hoursSource: www.amber-plan.net

Old 03-30-2012, 09:28 AM

arrowdots Devon Davis, 2 years old, Liberty County, TX

Search for missing 2-year-old boy enters fourth day
Amber Alert issued for Devon Davis

LIBERTY COUNTY, Texas - The search for a missing 2-year-old boy believed to have wandered into a wooded area in Liberty County entered its fourth day Friday, while officials called it a recovery mission.

An Amber Alert was issued for Devon Davis on Tuesday. Liberty County sheriff's deputies said Devon wandered off while his mother and 1-year-old sibling were napping at the their new home in the Sam Houston Lake Estates area near Tarkington about 3:30 p.m. She found the door open and the child gone.

Devon's mother spoke to reporters Friday morning.

I'm April. I'm Devon's mom. If you know anything, if you've seen anything, please just call somebody. Bring him home with me. He needs to be home with his family. Somebody has to know something, somewhere. Please, help me find my son," April Davis said.

Officials and volunteers have searched by air, land and water, but found nothing. On Thursday, Liberty County officials said the search changed to a recovery mission, meaning that they don't expect to find the boy alive.

Capt. Rex Evans said he had to have a difficult talk with Devon's parents Thursday morning.

"There is a negative end to this that you kind of have to prepare yourself for," said Evans.

Texas EquuSearch has used sonar devices to look for Devon

The problem with doing the sonar is there's just so much debris underneath the water," Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller said. "You get a false image and you have to go back over it two or three times to determine what it is."

Miller said the terrain is difficult to search because of the woods, water, and wildlife. He said his volunteers have seen alligators, snakes, and wild boars. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents armed with rifles are standing on the banks while divers search the water to protect them from alligators.

Detectives said they have searched every building in a one-mile radius of the home without luck. The search was widened on Thursday. Dozens of dogs were used to search the area for any signs of the boy.

Investigators have searched Devon's home looking for clues, too.

Investigators said they do not suspect foul play. The FBI did have a personality expert on hand when a formal statement was taken from the parents as part of the normal investigative process.

Detectives are investigating the possibility that Devon let himself out of the home.

Crews said they will continue to search until they find Devon to help give the family closure.

Officials said there is no more need for civilian volunteers. However, water donations are needed because conditions are so harsh.

Devon is 30 inches tall and weighs 40 pounds with red hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a red and gray jersey T-shirt, jeans and Spiderman tennis shoes.The Davis family has only lived in their home a week. They moved to the area from Virginia.

Anyone with information regarding Devon's whereabouts is asked to call the Liberty County Sheriff's Office at 936-336-4500.

The video is a bit different:
The mother said she put her son down for a nap?
In jeans and tennis shoes?

And they are not ruling out foul play at all.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Se...82/-/bop9du/-/
Old 04-01-2012, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Devon Davis, 2 years old, Liberty County, TX

Missing toddler's body found in pond near his home

Distraught father Mike Davis asked to pray Saturday morning with volunteers who had spent four days searching the woods and bayous of Liberty County for his toddler son.

"We knelt down there on the ground next to my van and we prayed that our Lord would lead our searchers to the young boy, and give the family peace," said Texas Equusearch coordinator Ken DeFoor. The father broke down in tears, DeFoor said.

About 45 minutes later, searchers reviewing high-resolution images from a drone aircraft spotted a red dot in the southeast side of an algae-covered pond.

It was the red shirt worn by 2½-year-old Devon Davis, whose body was floating in the pond about 300 yards from his family's house.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...me-3450368.php

Very sad. For the boy, and his father, and the 1 year old sibling.
It still leaves some questions though, as was the boy taking a nap also, with jeans and shoes on? Or was it the mother and younger sister taking a nap, and he wandered off, and put on his shoes and jeans himself?
No way a two year old puts on his own clothes, even shoes. I hope they will investigate, and I for sure hope it was just an accident.