Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: ZODIAC IDENTITY REVEALED AT PRESS CONFERENCE !!!

Missouri Mule Guest

Default Re: ZODIAC IDENTITY REVEALED AT PRESS CONFERENCE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Missouri Mule, my friends will receive a personalized copy at no cost.

Thanks..

Chris
    That would be very kind of you but I will gladly pay for it. I am anxious to see the new facts heretofore unknown. I have only had two cases consume me in my lifetime; this one and the 3MW case which still continues. I had concluded a long time ago that he was Zodiac but the ones, which I am sure you know about, wanted to continue this "mystery" forever as they milked the cultists in their never ending search for yet another mysterious person they paraded out every week or so.

Let me know when you are finished and I will PM you.

Zero Guest

Good morning, Missouri Mule.

Well, if I ever get it finished and published, I wouldn't mind at all giving a copy to a good number of people such as yourself.

It's not about the money, it's about the prestige of having my own book in bookstores and at libraries that I look forward to.

Matter of fact, a large percentage of what I hope to make from it's publication is going to victim's of crime fund.

3MW?

Are you referring to the cases involving Greg Marshel?

Chris

Missouri Mule Guest

Good morning, Missouri Mule.

Well, if I ever get it finished and published, I wouldn't mind at all giving a copy to a good number of people such as yourself.

It's not about the money, it's about the prestige of having my own book in bookstores and at libraries that I look forward to.

Matter of fact, a large percentage of what I hope to make from it's publication is going to victim's of crime fund.

3MW?

Are you referring to the cases involving Greg Marshel?

Chris
    Please let me know regardless. Money is not a problem. I will give to a victim's crime fund of your choosing if you desire.

The 3MW case I referred to was the women snatched in 1992 in Springfield, Missouri. This may be the weirdest and most perplexing case in U.S. history. Also one of the saddest. I was living there in 1992 when it happened and it consumed me as nothing else before or since. There is a thread here and elsewhere in several sites if you are interested. The facts of the crime are clear enough to most except for the motive. That is the enduring mystery.

Zero Guest

Yes, I had noted these cases..
    Sherrill Levitt her daughter Suzie and Stacy McCall.

Chris

Zero Guest

I and an associate who resides back east have created a proprietary computer system in which we are constantly inputing information/populating the data on various crimes involving serial homicide, rape/serial rape, and unsolved cases and missing persons.

It's known as SMART CLAP.
    When we first began back at Florida State University, Gainesville, just after serial killer Danny Rollings murdered five students, it was named SMARTASS.
    The acronym for Serial Murder Analytical Response and Tracking through the Analysis of Signature Specifics.
    We basically input crime scene information/evidence and relied primarily on attempting to identify and qualify the signature element(s) observed in the Unsub's behaviors with victim/at crime scene locations.
    Unfortunately, this narrow-focused analysis was insufficient and so we had to input much more for proper analysis to take place.

Today it has evolved into something much different, and it's new acronym has been changed to SMART db*CLAP which stands for Series Methodology Analysis-Reconstruction-and-Tracking/Crime Linkage and Analysis Program.
    It has 3-D modeling capabilities for crime scene locations and it utilizes geographic analysis as well to create geomodels (from GIS) in regards to perpetrator spatial selection processes such as interaction and disposal site choice, et cetera.

It has a database of over 1800 serial killers, serial rapists and a score of missing persons for crime comparison and cross-linkage purposes.

Anyway...

I have those cases in my db.

Chris
    Last edited by Zero; 01-20-2010 at 04:52 PM. Reason: To insert the"g" in Danny Rollings

Missouri Mule Guest

That sounds very interesting.

I should think if the cops really wanted to better utilize their time they would embrace this kind of technology readily. The problem we have today is information overload.

I don't want to get off on a tangent but I'll provide a concrete example of what I am talking about. I'm an average person of intelligence. But I tend to become focused when I get particularly interested in something. If I am distracted I cannot focus and important facts fall between the cracks.

One example comes to mind. I worked a case one time and knew what happened. I was not a cop but spent most of my life working with the public. After a period of time, it is relatively easy to spot the liars from the truth tellers. Long story short. This case blew up due to circumstances beyond my control although others certainly screwed up. It languished for a long time and I moved up the food chain and lost track of this particular case and had largely forgotten about it when lo and behold it crossed my desk one day. It had grown from a file of a few pages to about two inches and a half dozen or more people had screwed with it and it hadn't moved an inch since I had last worked it six years ago. Briefly stated, I had the luxury of taking the case apart and instead of a caseload of 1,200 I had a "caseload" of one and I worked that case to death and accomplished the desired result in a relatively short time. It nearly wrecked my marriage but I was determined this weasel and his crooked attorney wasn't going to beat the rap. I nailed him and he paid his dues; finally and the case was finally put to bed.

Getting back to your system, what is needed by the police forces is a modern method of deciphering the facts in an orderly manner and work them to a conclusion. Hopefully the police forces will come out of the middle ages and become as efficient as they need to become to deal with the ever increasing crime that we will inevitably have as our population and drug trade impacts our lives.

As an aside I recently watched a true crime program recently dealing with that Florida case. As I recall they had an earlier suspect but then the case went "cold" or something like that. I'll have to look it up and review the case.

Zero Guest

Hi, Missouri Mule.
    You had written; "I should think if the cops really wanted to better utilize their time they would embrace this kind of technology readily. The problem we have today is information overload."

Yes, that is very true, the information overload.

Fortunately, data mining is the future in this respect.
    Only we need higher-speed computing capabilities and storage to handle this mass amount of data we will amass.

It's quite surprising to most that highly regarded law enforcement computer systems for such comparison/analysis such as ViCAP are actually lacking and in dire need of system upgrades and form input fields/and parameters need to be extended.

SMART takes every known available bit of information into consideration in it's analysis and cross-comparison, items that are not input into the ViCAP system.

You also wrote; " don't want to get off on a tangent but I'll provide a concrete example of what I am talking about. I'm an average person of intelligence. But I tend to become focused when I get particularly interested in something. If I am distracted I cannot focus and important facts fall between the cracks."

Well, me too.
    I'm only of moderate intelligence.
    Although I was once said to have an IQ of 140.
    Boy, my partying has destroyed most of those brian cells over the years.

Yes, the Gainesville case involved a man named Edward Humphrey, who was also a student at the University.
    He was innocent of course, but he became under suspicion due to his oddball behavior.

So.. In the case you were involved.. Were you an investigator with the DA's Office or something along those lines?
    You said you were not a police officer and that leaves only a few other possibilities.

Chris

Missouri Mule Guest

Hi, Missouri Mule.
    You had written; "I should think if the cops really wanted to better utilize their time they would embrace this kind of technology readily. The problem we have today is information overload."

Yes, that is very true, the information overload.

Fortunately, data mining is the future in this respect.
    Only we need higher-speed computing capabilities and storage to handle this mass amount of data we will amass.

It's quite surprising to most that highly regarded law enforcement computer systems for such comparison/analysis such as ViCAP are actually lacking and in dire need of system upgrades and form input fields/and parameters need to be extended.

SMART takes every known available bit of information into consideration in it's analysis and cross-comparison, items that are not input into the ViCAP system.

You also wrote; " don't want to get off on a tangent but I'll provide a concrete example of what I am talking about. I'm an average person of intelligence. But I tend to become focused when I get particularly interested in something. If I am distracted I cannot focus and important facts fall between the cracks."

Well, me too.
    I'm only of moderate intelligence.
    Although I was once said to have an IQ of 140.
    Boy, my partying has destroyed most of those brian cells over the years.

Yes, the Gainesville case involved a man named Edward Humphrey, who was also a student at the University.
    He was innocent of course, but he became under suspicion due to his oddball behavior.

So.. In the case you were involved.. Were you an investigator with the DA's Office or something along those lines?
    You said you were not a police officer and that leaves only a few other possibilities.

Chris
    I worked for the state child support enforcement agency. In some respects it was more revealing about the shortcoming of information sharing than one would find actually working in law enforcement.

As such I had access to information that by federal law was particularly sensitive information. One such source required that we never directly reference it but that we would "divine" such information and had to be verified through secondary sources. So far as I know we had access to more information than any agency outside the CIA and NSA.

But the subject of computers is one that stuck in my craw until the day I left there in 1999. I was brought in to provide input for a new federally mandated computer system to properly track these cases. The estimate was for $35M but it quickly spiraled out of control to over $100M and never met the requirements we asked it do. I believe that California spent over $600M and in the end had to junk the system in the end.

I have argued that we could have accomplished much the same through off the shelf software but government has never ending ways of wasting taxpayer monies, or so it seems.

But as you know computer systems and sophistication are only as good as the people who work with the information as can see by the latest terrorist attempt. No one talks to anyone else and politics pervades everything. Sometimes I think this country will simply grind to a halt with his unnecessary bureaucracy and wasteful habits.

I have a rather simple, perhaps primitive sounding, approach to solving problems. I look at a problem and look at the options and then then eliminate them one by one until the irreducible minimum. I believe that could be applied to the zodiac case or in the 3MW case as well. As you know, there is almost more public information about the zodiac case than anyone could read in a lifetime. Contrarily, there is so little information available to the public on the 3MW case the case sits dead in the water as the public has been treated as though we are brain dead. Very frustrating and needlessly so in my opinion.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678