Joan Leigh Hall
Missing since September 30, 1983 from Warrenton, Clatsop County, Oregon
Classification: Endangered Missing
- Date Of Birth: February 24, 1966
- Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
- Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 110-120 lbs.
- Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes, ears are pierced.
- Clothing: A green hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans, a blue jacket, and white and maroon sneakers, and was carrying a blue and white backpack and a brown purse.
- Nicknames: Joanie
- Dentals: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Hall was last seen shortly after 2 p.m . September 30, 1983, at the Warrenton Mini-Mart in downtown by a boy who gave her a ride from the high school. She told the boy she was going to buy a soft drink and walk the half-mile to Warrenton Grade School, where she helped her aunt, a third-grade teacher. She never showed up.
Police from several agencies found no sign of the teen, despite exhaustive searches and interviews, including following hunches from psychics. Authorities suspected foul play. Hall was reliable and had a good relationship with her parents, she always let them know where she was.
There is no sign of a struggle, no reason to think she ran away, no enemies to interrogate. There is nothing.