Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unidentified Female Located in California, 1977

glitter14 Unidentified Female Located in California, 1977

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/628ufca.html

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on March 27, 1977 in Highland, San Bernardino County, California
    Estimated Date of Death: 1-2 weeks prior
    State of Remains: Recognizable Face

Estimated age: 30-50 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1"-5'2"; 120-125 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Black, medium length hair, with slight grey; brown eyes. Appendix scar on abdomen. Pierced ears. Dark complexion.

Clothing/Jewelry: Dark blue, short-sleeve, denim jumpsuit, size 13; white bra; two pair of underpants. White shoes, "White Bond" Size 6.5, with laces on the side, rather than front), and turquoise socks. A green,wool coat found nearby contained a pack of razors, piece of pencil, three matchbooks ("Zack's" Sausalito). Small, turquoise earring (pierced, right); white metal chain necklace, with a Maltese cross. Yellow metal, wrist bracelet with pendants, a fish lure object ((left wrist); a metal barette; a yellow metal watch.
    Dentals: Available. A dental examination was conducted and the teeth were charted, but no X-rays were taken (Note: dental X-rays will be obtained when the body is exhumed as part of the DNA Recovery project for entry into Codis).
    Fingerprints: There is no evidence that fingerprints were taken.
    DNA: Sample available - not yet submitted

Case History
    On March 27, 1977 the body of a woman was found in the foothills north of Sycamore Heights residential area (east side of Cook Canyon, approximately 3000 foot level, Highland).
    It was apparent that the body had been in this location between one and two weeks.
    Cause and manner of death could not be determined. Although no trauma was present, leading to the possibility that exposure caused her death, homicide cannot be ruled out.
    She was buried at San Bernardino County Cemetery (Samaritan Park – Grave #192-W).

Investigators
    If you have any information about this case please contact:
    David Van Norman
    San Bernardino County Sheriff - Coroner
    909-387-2978
    Email
    You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
    48925 / 424808-01

NCIC Number:
    U-145477960
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    NamUs
    Last edited by Texaskowgirl; 03-10-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Updated profile

Default Re: Unidentified Female Located in California, 1977

I think we are going to have to rename this Jane Doe. lol !!

Texaskowgirl Guest

She was missing about half her teeth, various.. There's a little more info about what was in her pockets..... Matchbook from Zacks, in Sausalito, TX (across the Golden Gate from San Francisco). Something about handicap in the Hemet, CA, area...

----------------------------------------------

identifyus.org namus.gov
    ME/C Contact Information
    Name: Jeannine Willie
    Agency: Department of Justice Missing Persons DNA Program
    Phone Number: 916.227.5997
    E-mail Address: jeannine.willie@doj.ca.go v

Case Information
    UDRS Number: 2504
    Case Number: 424808-01
    NCIC Number: U145477960
    Date Found: 1977-03-27 00:00:00
    Date Entered: 2008-08-26 00:00:00
    Date Modified: 2008-08-27 17:12:00
    GPS Found: N/A
    Address Found: CA
    San Bernardino County

Demographics and Circumstances
    Estimated Age: N/A
    Minimum Age: 40 years
    Maximum Age: 60 years
    Race: White
    Ethnicity: N/A
    Sex: Female
    Weight (lbs.): 122.5, Estimated
    Height (inch): 63, Measured
    Condition: N/A
    Probable Year of Death: 1977
    Est. Postmortem Interval: N/A N/A
    DNA Profile Status: N/A
    Circumstances of Death: BODY F0UND IN SYCAM0RE HEIGHTS NATI0NAL F0REST

Body Details
    Scars And Marks: Scar on abdomen:APPEN SCAR Piercings: Pierced ear, nonspecific
    Body Parts Inventory: All Parts Recovered

Fingerprint Classification
    RT NA NA NA NA NA
    LT NA NA NA NA NA
    Fingerprint Comments
    N/A

Clothing, Hair, Eyes
    Clothing On Body: BLU DENIM JKT SZ 13, GRN W00LC0AT Footwear: WHITE PUMP SH0E SZ 6
    Jewelry: Earrings, Necklace, Wrist bracelet having pendants BLU ST0NE ER,WM CHAIN W/A MALTESE CR0SS,YM WB WITH FISH LURE 0BJECT,YM CHAIN MATCH B00K ZACKS SAUSALIT0CA, NEWS CLIPPING 0N SANTA ANITA HANDICAP, REF T0 HEMET CA AREA Head Hair: Black
    Eye Color: Brown

Texaskowgirl Guest

From a board....

Zack's in Sausalito... I used to go there when I lived in SF in 1960. Great Place! I spent every Tuesday night there. They had turtle races in one of the large rooms... little painted turtles in the days before people worried about getting some weird disease from them. But more important, to me, was what went on in the adjacent room. Large room with a movie screen. They showed Charlie Chaplin movies every Tuesday night. A couple of scotch and waters (my drink of choice then), a burger, and I was set. Sorry to hear Zack's is no longer there.

Texaskowgirl Guest

http://www.marinij.com/lifestyles/ci_5647582

I will show my age by revealing all the places I have been in Marin that are no longer there. I had an absolutely wonderful time in Marin and San Francisco in my 20s and 30s in the late 1960s, '70s and even the '80s. In those days we didn't have to worry about AIDS or stalkers or even rapists. It was full of lots and lots of fun and sex and music and dancing.

Zack's in Sausalito was the hot spot. There was always a line to get in with a couple of bouncers at the door. On the weekends there was always a band. A fellow I went to high school with was one of the bouncers, and my friends and I always got in. Sunday afternoons were the best. The place would be packed with people drinking and dancing and of course eating the ever famous Zack's burger.

Texaskowgirl Guest

Re: Unidentified Female Located in California, 1977

SANTA ANITA HANDICAP is horse racing......

Texaskowgirl Guest

The Santa Anita Handicap is an American Thoroughbred horse race held annually in the late winter at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California. It is a Grade I race for horses four years old and up [1], and is considered the most important race for older horses in North America during the winter racing season. The ten furlong Santa Anita Handicap offers a purse of $1,000,000.

The first race was held in 1935, just months after the track opened in late 1934, and was for three-year-olds and up until 1969. The Santa Anita Handicap instantly became one of the nation's top races because it offered a minimum purse of $100,000, then a staggering amount for a horse race. In its early years, the race was most commonly referred to among horsemen and racing media as the "Hundred-Grander." Another nickname for the race dating back to that time, "The Big 'Cap," is still in regular use.

.......... [winners 73-75]

1975 Stardust Mel 4 Bill Shoemaker Charlie Whittingham Marjorie L. Everett 2.06.40
    1974 Prince Dantan 4 Ron Turcotte Frank "Pancho" Martin Sigmund Sommer 2.03.60
    1973 Cougar II 7 Laffit Pincay, Jr. Charlie Whittingham Mary F. Jones 2.00.00

Texaskowgirl Guest

San Bernardino County is a county in the U.S. state of California. As of the 2000 census, the population was 1,709,434. As of 2007, the population was estimated by the California Department of Finance to have grown to 2,028,013.[1] San Bernardino County is the largest county in the United States by area, and is larger than each of the nine smallest states. However, if other county equivalents are included, it is only the fifth largest, as four of Alaska's boroughs are larger.

Located in the southeast of the state of California, the deserts and mountains of this vast county stretch from the outskirts of the densely populated Riverside-San Bernardino Area to the Nevada border and the Colorado River.

The county seat is San Bernardino. The county is considered to be part of the Inland Empire region

Texaskowgirl Guest

Click Image to Enlarge
    Name:  _SanBernDoe.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  40.5 KB

A = Zack's Matchbook, Sausilito, CA
    B = Santa Anita Handicap, Arcadia, CA
    C = Reference to Hemet, CA
    D = San Bernardino Co, CA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast