Thread: REBECCA FERGUSON, MISSING 1988, Alabama

REBECCA FERGUSON, MISSING 1988, Alabama

BECKY FERGUSON, MISSING SINCE 1988

'Gone 17 long years and not one word of her.'

No one has seen or heard from Becky Ferguson since Sept. 16, 1988. A relative expected Ferguson to come for a visit in Birmingham that day, but she never arrived.

A new Cadillac belonging to the 32-year-old mother of two was later found on the shoulder of Alabama 257 near the Jasper community of Curry.

Walker County Chief Deputy Carey Scruggs said no leads were uncovered.

''It was worked heavily, but then it kept hitting a dead end at every turn,'' Scruggs said. ''It was unusual for a mother, a healthy person, to just disappear.''

Ferguson's mother, Irene Files, said her house burned down around the time her daughter disappeared, destroying the pictures Files wanted to show the 2- and 5-year-old sons Ferguson left behind.

''I don't have anything left of her but memories,'' Files said.

The younger son, Files said, recently graduated from high school, but does not remember his mother. The elder son, she said, has always been troubled by the memories of his mother's disappearance and was honorably discharged from the military because he suffered bleeding stomach ulcers.

''It has just killed this whole family,'' Files said.

''She'll soon be gone 17 long years and not one word of her,'' Files said.

Files said she believes her daughter was murdered and said she believes she knows who is responsible, but has given up hope that she will ever know for certain what happened to Becky.

Default Re: REBECCA FERGUSON, MISSING 1988, Alabama

Ferguson still missing after 20 long years

Jennifer Williams
    Eagle Reporter
    Tuesday, Sep 16, 2008

Irene Files last spoke to her daughter, Becky Ferguson, on Sept. 16, 1988 20 years ago today.

Two days after her disappearance, Ferguson car was found, but to this day the mother of two remains missing.

Files had called Ferguson that fateful day to tell her she could stop by after work to care for her two grandsons. However, Ferguson told her mother the boys, 5-year-old Denny and 2-year-old Tyler, had already been picked up for the weekend by their father from whom Ferguson was in the process of divorcing.

Ferguson told her mom that night that she was on her way to Birmingham where she planned to visit her cousin.

It was raining. I told her, Be careful going over there. You know how I worry about you. She said, Oh, Im a big girl. You know I can take care of myself. I never heard her voice again after that, Files said.

Two days later, one of Fergusons nephews found her Cadillac on Alabama Highway 257 near Curry with two shotgun blasts in it. No blood was found in the vehicle.

FBI agents assisted the district attorneys office and Walker County Sheriffs Department with the investigation into Fergusons disappearance. Twenty years later, Fergusons sons and some old photographs are the only traces her family has of her.

The worst is not knowing where she is to put her to rest. That has been the worst on us not knowing, Calloway said.

Files said Fergusons youngest son doesnt remember much about his mom.

He came by to see me the other day and he went and got this big picture of her and looked at it. He looks just like her. Both of them do, she said.

Five years ago, Fergusons family bought a marker for her and placed it next to her fathers grave in Fayette County. Her sons never fail to buy a flower to put there for their mother.

Files said one of the boys once told her that he wanted to be buried next to his mother.

I told him, Baby, this marker is here in memory of your mother, but her bodys not in there. He just looked at me and said, I want to be buried right here, Files said.

Calloway said her family has not planned anything special for today, the 20th anniversary of Fergusons disappearance. Files has an appointment with her cardiologist in Birmingham.

However, both women said they miss Ferguson very much and they think about her every day.

They ask that anyone who has information about Fergusons disappearance come forward.

I still cant hardly stand it. I love her so much. So please, tell us where shes at. We need to know where they put her, Files said.

http://www.mountaineagle.com/index.c...0691CAF3A19A1C

Bumping This

It so sad that many women who file for a divorce end up murdered. California's laws favored the female's so much so, that the men got the worst end of the divorce's. It has improved some what, but a lot of the men have killed their ex rather than pay her.
    The case of Becky Furguson ,reminds me that possibly her ex didn't want anyone else to have her ? Police will usually look at the ex husband, boy friend etc.first, for those reasons. They are the ones who have motive and opportunity.