Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: INDIANTOWN GAP JANE DOE , 1973, Pennsylvania

Default Re: INDIANTOWN GAP JANE DOE , 1973, Pennsylvania

It is? The link goes to Google.nl but the text should be in english??

There are some more numbers missing in the list, maybe companies who quitted, or they didn't meet the NSF standards anymore? The list above is from 1968. Maybe another company got that number afterwards?

The logo was blue gray and white, and the number was right under the seal. Like this one:

I'm still trying to find anything online about the seal and that number, and I hope the investigator got my email.

There was/ is an NSF Eastern and Western Region, Eastern Region was/ is in PA, according to the two adresses below, of which I hope they show up in English and not in Dutch

https://books.google.nl/books?id=h_M...M4ggEQ6AEIXDAI

Trate literally kept digging for evidence in late May, when the remains of the unidentified woman were exhumed in Mount Lebanon Cemetery and some of her bones were sent to the University of Southern Florida for Isotope testing by a forensic anthropologist. Like the CT scan, the cost was covered by the NCMEC.

Isotope testing can be used to help identify where a person has lived. Trate said he is awaiting an official report but has received information on where Jane Doe was living prior to her body being found.

"Based on the preliminary results, she was from the south and from the eastern part of the south," he said. "We don't have a map of the region yet. But what that means for me is, she spent the last 10 years of her life living in the south, which gives us something to go on."

Recently promoted to the supervisory role of corporal, Trate said he has less time to devote to the case but still manages to put in an hour or two each week, mostly tracking down tips that continue to come in. Although they haven't helped crack the case, some good things have come from investigating these leads, he said.

They included reuniting the daughter of a missing York women with her family after the brother of the missing woman contacted Trate.

They exhumed her remains last year and created that bust, just wondering if they could show her teeth, or create a sketch showing her smile.

No exclusions on Namus? https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/12689

I remember back when I was seriously looking at her case that there was a trailer park really close to that location and think that maybe she might have lived there. You have done a lot more research than I ever did on this. It's too bad someone this young doesn't seem to have anyone looking for her.

From the article you posted on page 1 I understand that her national origin was southeast Europe. I wonder if they mean she was born there, or that her ancestors came from there.

Just from the sketch in that same article, I would think Althea could be a match, but she was 23. Nose bridge slightly to the left, tip of the nose to her right. She disappeared with her son though, was on her way to Greece for a holiday with her parents who were already there. They were reported to have been dropped off at Sea-Tac International Airport in Seattle, WA it says, that's on the other side of the country

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/22894/210

She is of Greek descent it says on Charley Project, which could match the southeast European nationality? Passport was found at home in 2002, seems she never left the country?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ip_althea.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    It is? The link goes to Google.nl but the text should be in english??

There are some more numbers missing in the list, maybe companies who quitted, or they didn't meet the NSF standards anymore? The list above is from 1968. Maybe another company got that number afterwards?

The logo was blue gray and white, and the number was right under the seal. Like this one:

I'm still trying to find anything online about the seal and that number, and I hope the investigator got my email.

There was/ is an NSF Eastern and Western Region, Eastern Region was/ is in PA, according to the two adresses below, of which I hope they show up in English and not in Dutch

https://books.google.nl/books?id=h_M...M4ggEQ6AEIXDAI
    I should have added that the C-1 criteria had other colors, they had green in it...like the plastic found on her.

If she was of southeast European ancestry, she or her ancestors came from Macedonia, Albania, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Moldavia, or Greece. Her nose was described as small, but on the 3d model they made it very pointy. I think the sketches would fit more,as they were made shortly after they found her, even while decomposed I think those sketches are better than the latest 3d models?

A long nose and small nostrils, bridge slightly to the left, her left, and the point of her nose to the right side of her face. And from the side drawing the nose was hooked a bit.
    I'm not convinced it can be Althea, as she was older, and missing from the other side of the country...but I am convinced someone is looking for her, beside the investigators who are trying to bring her home, I bet she came from a loving and caring family, who are still looking for her. Maybe they just reported her missing to a local police station somewhere in southeast Europe, last seen in the US..well, that is far away, she could be anywhere... and no one ever did anything, maybe not even made a file, who knows.
    Or files got lost...as this is a case that dates back to 1973, when all was in the basement, paperwork. I still hope she will be identified though. Somehow I think she was reported missing, because of her dental care.

ETA. I have no idea when children start seeing a dentist in the US, I was four years old in the early 70's when I met the dentist for the first time. This girl was cared for, and I am convinced she was reported missing, seeing a dentist at the age of six, I bet she had/has caring parents/relatives somewhere.

Jane Doe found in Pennsylvania has ties to the southeast, isotope test results suggest

COLUMBUS, Ga. — A child whose remains were found in Lebanon County, Pennsylvania may finally be given a name after new scientific testing helps investigators.

According to a release, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children say the body of a young woman was found October 10, 1973 on the Edward Martin Military Reserve in Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania.

An anthropological exam has concluded that the female had been deceased anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks. The female was Caucasian, possibly with Southeast European descent, about 16-19 years of age and stood 5’5″ to 5’8″ in height.

No cause or manner of death could be determined from the exam.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children recently facilitated a chemical isotope analysis on the Jane Doe’s remains through the USF Forensic Anthropology Center with Dr. Erin Kimmerle.

The results from the chemical isotope test suggest that the child was probably born and raised in the southeast United States, including areas of central and eastern Texas, eastern Oklahoma, Arkansas, southern Missouri, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, central and southern West Virginia, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, southern and eastern Virginia into southern Maryland and Delaware shores.

NCMEC is asking anyone who has any information about this Jane Doe to please call the Pennsylvania State Police Jonestown at 717-865-2194 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited at 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-842-5678).

http://wrbl.com/2017/03/23/jane-doe-...sults-suggest/

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast