Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Torso only homicides

Default Re: Torso only homicides

Was she the one that got away and caused him to be arrested ??

Is the murder of Karina Holmer a "cold case"? or a "hot cold case"?

Texaskowgirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JJALLIN View Post
    Is the murder of Karina Holmer a "cold case"? or a "hot cold case"?

I see a few websites discussing the case... You know, this brings a thought to mind, when they find a torso (partial body) and they know who it belongs to (i.e. Karina in this case). Do they still list them as Missing and entered into CODIS or something? I'm thinking otherwise, if the skull/limbs are found later, they wouldn't never be matched to the torso and remain Unidentified. Hmmmm...

Ok, do you know where i can find any photos from the Karina case?or where i can read the actual crime investigation from this case?

Texaskowgirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JJALLIN View Post
    Ok, do you know where i can find any photos from the Karina case?or where i can read the actual crime investigation from this case?
    I searched out site, we don't have a forum on her (you're welcome to start one under Unsolved or something, if you like). If you just want to read about it, I found some articles by Googling her name.

These body parts being found is absolutely chilling and interesting. I don't know how on earth anyone could do such a thing, makes me sick.

MISSOURI

Wright City
    The woman's dismembered remains were found in the back of a picnic area at a rest stop off Interstate 70 on June 28, 2004. Investigators believe that the woman was in her early 20s and had undergone an appendectomy and a Caesarean section. She was clad only in a black l.e.i.-brand bra, size 36B. Her head and limbs have never been found.
    Warren County Sheriff's Department at 636-456-4332

She is identified as Deanna D. Howland, 35, of Alton.

Torso found in 2004 along I-70 is identified as Southwestern Illinois prostitute

A decapitated torso found in 2004 has been identified as a metro-east prostitute who was only recently declared missing by her family.

The headless, handless and legless female torso found June 28, 2004, by a maintenance worker trimming brush at an interstate rest stop was identified on March 10 as Deanna D. Howland, 35, of Alton. She also lived in Granite City and East St. Louis.

“It’s important that we now have an ID on the body,” said Madison County Sheriff John Lakin. “For 12 years she was unidentified... We’re hoping that by releasing certain information today, it will generate more leads into the ongoing investigation and hopefully we can come to a successful conclusion into what is a very brutal murder.”

Howland was estranged from her family at the time of her disappearance, and was known as a prostitute and drug addict. It was not uncommon for her to be out of touch with the family for extended periods of time, according to investigators.

“That’s part of why it took so long for her to be reported missing,” said Major Jeff Connor with the Madison County Sheriff’s Department. “She led a transient life... She would come and go, they would see her and then not see her for a while.”

Family members gave DNA samples that were compared to DNA preserved from the torso that had been discovered at an I-70 rest stop near Wright City, Mo. in Warren County in 2004. The Major Case Squad of Greater St. Louis had been activated at the time and investigated for several weeks, but little progress was made without identification of the body.

In the years since the body was found, the Major Case Squad has been activated a second and third time to re-evaluate the case and process new leads and information. Since that time the case has been an open cold-case homicide with the Warren County Sheriff’s Department.

GUEST BOOK: Express your condolences to the family of Deanna D. Howland
    http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/bel...47138?cid=view

Video: http://www.bnd.com/news/local/crime/...e67521482.html

Rest in Peace Deanna

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456