Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Debra Spickler, 13, 7/24/68

Re: Debra Spickler, 13, 7/24/68

Quote Originally Posted by bettybrown1623 View Post
    I am glad to see that you are getting someplace. It can all be tring at times, believe me i know but there are some great people out there that are willing to help the family of the missing that have been waiting for a long time. Just hang in there you are in my thoughts everyday. I hope that you can find your sister and bring her home.

You know that if you find out that the DNA test are not going through NAMUS and that they are going through FBI then you can request that they send another DNA test to NAMUS.

Good Luck
    Betty
    thank you Betty for your help and support. I know there's a long road ahead, and with yours and others help that I have received, I believe we will find some answers, and whether the outcome is good or bad, we're just thankful to be able to do what we can do and we won't give up! Thanks to everyone , you have all been a wealth of information. I am deeply greatfull to you all.

Betty

Dear Betty Standifer,

The Inspector I sent out heard the same information concerning a task force investigation. But, we were unable to verify it's existence. I don't have any further contacts for you other than the detective handling the case at Vernon PD.

James Rovella, Supervisory Inspector
    Cold Case Unit/ Office of the Chief State's Attorney

unbelievable....... I have several articles stating a task force was created to handle the cases of the missing girls.........

Texaskowgirl Guest

Does anyone have some suggestion, on how she can pursue this?

I do have "some" good news. The info I submitted for you to Doe, her page has been updated. Not sure why they didn't add her NCIC number though or the part about the chipped tooth and pock mark scar (maybe they only will post what's in NCIC)... It's an improvement though! :-)

------------------
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2472dfct.html

Debra Spickler
    Missing since July 24, 1968 from Vernon, Tolland County, Connecticut
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: January 22, 1955
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 125 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White Female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    Clothing: A wearing green polka dot shorts, a white sleeveless shirt, and white sneakers.
    Dentals: Available
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Debbie Spickler, of Mystic, was visiting a relative in Vernon when she disappeared from Henry Park on July 24, 1968.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Vernon Police Department
    860-872-9126

Source Information:
    Connecticut's Cold Cases
    The Hartford Courant 1993
    NCMEC

I do have "some" good news. The info I submitted for you to Doe, her page has been updated. Not sure why they didn't add her NCIC number though or the part about the chipped tooth and pock mark scar (maybe they only will post what's in NCIC)... It's an improvement though! :-)

Thank You!
    I have also contacted the Center for Missing and Exploited Children and she is to be listed on their website as well.

Thanks Again!

Texaskowgirl Guest

Default Re: Debra Spickler, 13, 7/24/68

Quote Originally Posted by BStandifer View Post

Thank You!
    I have also contacted the Center for Missing and Exploited Children and she is to be listed on their website as well.

Thanks Again!
    I received an email from Doenet, they've updated her again, to include the info you provided about her tooth and scar. Keep pressing the local Law Enforcement..... The squeeky wheel gets the grease!

Last edited by Texaskowgirl; 08-29-2008 at 09:11 AM.

texasx Guest

Default Re: Causes of Death

Quote Originally Posted by kimitt View Post
    Are autopsies covered under the FOI Act?

I have purposely left the method/cause of death out of my charting for now, focusing on geographical area, age of victim, and similarities in disappearance.

Kevin- thanks for your charting as well, it has allowed me ot look at my data in a different light.

Meade surely is an interesting case though.

yes they fall under foia..both ways though, depends on the medical examiner. the best thing is for a family member to request a copy as a family member..next best thing is family member getting a verbal report from ME

Texaskowgirl Guest

I see Debra has been added to NCMEC now.... Wonder if her NCIC data is updated yet?

it took a week of phone calls, emails and general begging to finally get ONE detective to hear my story. I think I have some info about CT missing girls in the 70s.
    I have tried every task force short of the Governors office. No one is interested AT ALL in what I have to say. In fact, When I asked to look at mugs for suspects in the seventies, I was told that they didnt keep that stuff around, it had all been tossed. Really? They throw away evidence in an open case?
    Funny though, I found some old pics of my suspects and found my guy, a man that tried to abduct me. But he was one of two men, and no one will listen.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567