http://www.wlbz2.com/news/investigat...unit/386438485

AUGUSTA, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The families of murder victims who helped get a cold case unit formed in Maine a few years ago are not happy with the work of that unit and are calling for some sweeping changes. Some of those family members and their supporters are holding a rally at the state house Tuesday.
These families say their biggest issue is that they don't know what the cold case unit is doing to solve their loved ones' cases. That includes Linda Perkins, who's husband went missing more than 40 years ago.

"It's just not knowing it's the story that doesn't have an ending, so you can't close the door. it's always there it's always on your mind," she said.

Perkins was just twenty back in 1975 when her husband, Ludger Belanger went hunting and never returned home.

"I think at least over 30 years since I've talked to any detective, since anybody has talked to me about his case."

She thought that would all change 2 years ago when the Maine Legislature agreed to create and fund a cold case unit, but she says she was told her case isn't a priority

"They're going to focus on the newer cases," she says they told her. When asked how that made her feel she responded "disbelief."
According to the cold case unit's website, there are more than 100 unsolved homicides and missing persons cases for a team that includes, two state police detectives, a lieutenant, a prosecutor, a lab technician, and a victim advocate.

But family members feel that if the team can't get to their cases, they should encourage outside help. They want legislation to: More at video at link