Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New images released in 1976 Beth Doe case

Default Re: New images released in 1976 Beth Doe case

Re: DNA...?

In this article it says they have DNA from both, Beth and the fetus: http://standardspeaker.com/news/grou...tery-1.1250580

Re the question what was happening in Western or Central Europe in the early 70's? I need to check that one, first what comes to mind is the oil crisis in '73, and also a lot of migrants entered Western Europe from Italy, Spain, Turkey since the '60's to work here.

If she was from Western or Central Europe, I wonder why she moved to PA. I mean Pennsylvania is not what first comes to mind if I would move to the US,
    so was it a boyfriend, parents that moved, did she have relatives who already lived there, or was she an au pair, or was she offered any other job there or something? She must have known people who lived there.

Jace,
    In 1975 - I was working in a restaurant in PA. One of the employees was a refugee from Lebanon...a male...he and his family escaped turmoil in Lebanon...
    Beth Doe may have moved to southern USA?

It could be, but then she or her parents probably already had relatives living there.
    I read that if you wanted to move to the USA from Europe, you needed to have money, or relatives already living there.

I found this on wiki, I had never heard of the Arab-Israeli war in 1967 before.

emigration began to increase after the 1967 Arab-Israeli War, when Jews began to fear "perpetual instability" in their country.[4] Israel's 1982 invasion and its subsequent occupation of parts of Lebanon, and Lebanon's 1975-1990 civil war severely exacerbated emigration.[2] In Beirut, the Jewish quarter of Wadi Abu Jamil suffered devastation as it was situated along the dividing line between the warring Christian and Muslim districts.[2][4]

Almost all of the Jewish community emigrated to Israel or to countries with already well established Lebanese or Lebanese Jewish diaspora, such as France, Switzerland, USA, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela, Australia and Central and Eastern Europe (particularly Russia and Bulgaria). Paris, New York, and Geneva, Switzerland are cities where many in the Jewish Lebanese Diaspora have settled.

Hmm it raises more questions than that it gives answers, I fully agree with the poster who wrote back then it seemed like an honor killing, because of the nose and ears that were removed. Which could have been done by her husband/boyfriend, but also parents, or siblings. It makes me think of an arab country.

The countries belonging to Western and Central Europe, I thought it was just me, but even Wiki isn't really clear about it. The UN excludes the UK and Ireland as a part of Western Europe, they belong to Northern Europe, according to the UN? Weird, it's not what I was taught in school.

Jace,
    When I was a teen (1976) - we had a friend who worked with us at Burger King - his family escaped from Lebanon...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12