Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Could Jane Doe be from Eastern Europe?,Racine County Jane Doe

Default Re: Could Jane Doe be from Eastern Europe?,Racine County Jane Doe

Some articles from 2014.

Part 1 of 7, below the article are the links to the other parts.

http://www.examiner.com/article/amaz...art-1-a-series.

I posted a picture of a scapular which was said in the 1st article, it belonged to Racine Jane Doe, but in fact it belongs to an unidentified male found in Georgia in 2009, so it has nothing to do with this unidentified girl.

Mystery of Racine County Jane Doe Continues

BY HEATHER ASIYANBI IN POLICE AND FIRE · NOVEMBER 18, 2015 ·

Investigators hoping advanced forensic testing would help lead them to the identity of the young woman found in a Raymond cornfield in 1999 continue to work her case despite the testing proving inconclusive.

Racine County Jane Doe was discovered by a man walking his dog in July 1999 in a cornfield in Raymond.

She carried no ID and investigators determined she had suffered blunt force trauma to much of her body, was malnourished and her body showed signs of being sexually abused.

Her left ear was battered, commonly referred to as cauliflower ear.

Since then, investigators with the Racine County Sheriff’s Department have been working every lead – cold and warm – they can follow, but all roads have so far led to dead ends.

There was speculation that Jane Doe might be from Eastern Europe and was perhaps a victim of sex trafficking or that she arrived at Chicago’s O’Hare Airport as an au pair and fell in with the wrong people.

Two years ago, Jane Doe was exhumed for isotope testing, a process by which bone tissue is removed from a body to try and determine where she was from or at least had been in the months leading up to her death.

In a nutshell, the makeup of the earth – gases, minerals, chemical compounds – varies greatly from region to region.

The foods we eat – both animal and vegetable – can be a map to where we’ve been because the foods absorb the unique makeup of the earth where they are, so when we eat those foods, we’re also absorbing those gases, minerals and chemical compounds.

Certain isotopes can be found in teeth and bones even after death, so investigators were hoping that Jane Doe’s isotopes would give them a key to eventually lead to her identity, but the tests were inconclusive.

Still, Racine County Sheriff’s Investigator Tracy Hintz, lead detective on Jane’s case, continues to follow leads and believes that as science continues to evolve, answers about Jane’s identity and her killer(s) will become clear.

“People often submit tips through Facebook and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and we appreciate each and every one,” Hintz told Racine County Eye. “This case is two-pronged; we need to identify this girl, and we need to capture those responsible for her death. I’m confident both of those will happen.”

Jane was re-buried in July.

Anyone with any information about Jane Doe’s identification or information about those responsible for her murder can contact Hintz at 262.636.3190 or Tracy.Hintz@goRacine.org.

You may also reach her on Facebook at Jane Doe Racine County, Wisconsin.

Anonymous tips about Jane Doe or her killer(s) can also be left with Crime Stoppers at1-888-636-9330, via the web: http://racine.crimestoppersweb.com, or by texting RACS with your message to 274637(CRIMES).

http://racinecountyeye.com/mystery-o...doe-continues/

In a nutshell, the makeup of the earth – gases, minerals, chemical compounds – varies greatly from region to region.

The foods we eat – both animal and vegetable – can be a map to where we’ve been because the foods absorb the unique makeup of the earth where they are, so when we eat those foods, we’re also absorbing those gases, minerals and chemical compounds.

Certain isotopes can be found in teeth and bones even after death, so investigators were hoping that Jane Doe’s isotopes would give them a key to eventually lead to her identity, but the tests were inconclusive.

I wonder if they could test her clothing, and if it could lead to a region, pollen, earth, dander... as the shirt probably wasn't hers, whatever might be on it, maybe even some fabrics of a floor or carpet, as she was dumped there but died somewhere else.... or maybe that is future science? And maybe all those traces were gone because of the rain, and they already tried everything possible.

Almost a year ago since I forwarded a possible match for her. I still don't know if she could be Julie Ann Hansen or not, if she is still missing or that they found her alive, as the only answer I got is that this is a police investigation. I just hope they will catch her killer(s), and she deserves her name on her gravestone. "Daughter Jane Doe" must have had loving and caring parents/ relatives and friends somewhere?

Racine County Jane Doe case remains unsolved

It’s been 17 years since a teenage girl was discovered in a field west of I-94 in the Town of Raymond.

On July 21, 1999, a man walking his dog along 92nd Street between 5 and 6 Mile Road stumbled across the body.

“The body was probably 20 feet off the roadway in a second row of corn,” Racine County Sheriff’s Investigator Tracy Hintz said. “This is a pretty rural area, especially in the early morning hours. Around six in the morning there is not going to be a lot of traffic out here.”

Investigator Hintz hopes the composite sketch of the girl and a description of her clothing will help crack this case.

“She was wearing a very distinct men’s country western style shirt that had a floral design on it,” she said. “She was also wearing a pair of men’s black sweat pants.”

So far, nobody has come forward to claim the woman, who investigators believe was in her late teens or early 20’s when she was tortured and killed.

“She was burnt and beaten,” Hintz said. “In the last few days of her life it escalated substantially.”

DNA samples were collected, and in 2013, her body was exhumed for isotope testing.

Jane Doe now rests in a cemetery in Racine County. Her headstone reads “Gone, but not forgotten.”

“This girl walked this earth and she deserves more than to lay in a cemetery without a name,” Hintz said.

If you have any information that can help solve this case, you can call the Racine County Sheriff’s Office at 262-636-3190.

Investigator Hintz also set up a Facebook page where you can read more about the case. https://www.facebook.com/Jane-Doe-Ra...15328/?fref=nf

http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/...mains-unsolved

On the Facebook page it says: Isotope testing continuing at The Smithsonian.

I guess she is not the girl I forwarded as a possible match then.

Smithsonian, google links to a museum, what is The Smithsonian?

http://www.tmj4.com/news/i-team/publ...-persons-cases

“She was wearing a very distinct men’s country western style shirt,” Hintz said.

Hintz has also created this Facebook page in her memory, hoping someone will recognize the composite sketch and clothing she was wearing at the time her body was discovered.

“This girl walked this earth and she deserves more than to lay in a cemetery without a name,” Hintz said."

I searched for her shirt in all my spare time, can't find anything yet, guess those are poppies on her shirt, and most embroidered shirts have flowers AND leafs, not just flowers and some triangles in between, half triangles? No leafs, and I wonder how many buttons there are on the sleeves, 3 or more? I tried Etsy, Ebay, vintage shirts, 70's, 80's. I found a Roper shirt almost matching, almost that is. Same flowers, but embroidered in white and a brown shirt ( Wonder if it could have been homemade, from a pattern in a magazine, for everyone who liked stitching on a sewing machine back then), link from Etsy is already gone, guess it was sold Rockmount ranch wear, Kenny Rogers by Karman, Chute, Kennington, Tem Tex, and I'll keep on searching. It can't be a one in a million shirt, unless it was a homemade embroidered shirt, from a pattern in a magazine?

The girl needs her name, and the ones who harmed her should have been in jail years ago.
    Last edited by Jace; 09-24-2016 at 06:57 PM. Reason: spelling as always

They could at least say if the shirt was embroidered or if it was just a transfer or print on the shirt. There are darker lines above between the flowers, and white ones below. I also wonder about the triangles with one side open > like that. I can see it on the original shirt, but on the recons it isn't there. And the lowest flower should be somewhere below the breast, not above them, just my opinion. Well, at least she has brown eyes again.

ETA I also wonder why they changed her eyebrows that much, post mortem shows different eyebrows left and right. Much more matching the girl I forwarded over a year ago. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, and I will keep looking for the shirt, but I still can't imagine it isn't her.
    Last edited by Jace; 10-28-2016 at 01:20 AM. Reason: picture of the shirt had disappeared

New information learned about Racine County Jane Doe's past

Testing performed at the Smithsonian Institute has determined where Racine County’s Jane Doe may have spent several years of her life.

The girl was found in 1999 at the edge of a cornfield on 92nd Street in the town of Raymond in Racine County.

Her identity has remained a mystery, but in 2013, her body was exhumed.

Chemical isotope testing performed by the Smithsonian on a sample of her hair and bone suggest she may originally have been from or spent several years of her life in Alaska, Montana or portions of southern Canada.

If anyone has any information on her identity, they are asked to call Racine County sheriff’s Investigator Tracy Hintz at 262-636-3190 or the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 800-THE-LOST.

http://www.wisn.com/article/new-info...s-past/7007615

Forensic isotope analysis points cold case investigation north to Canada

Investigators used facial reconstruction software to create this image, left, of an unidentified woman whose body was found in Racine, Wisconsin, in July 1999. She was wearing the the grey shirt with red flowers, pictured right, at the time of her death. (National Center for Missing & Exploited Children )

The old saying "You are what you eat" might hold the clue to unraveling the mysterious identity of a woman found dead nearly two decades ago in Wisconsin, who may have been raised in Canada.

The young woman's body was discovered on the edge of a cornfield near Racine, Wis., by a man walking his dog on July 21, 1999, according to Caroline Schweitzer, supervisor of forensic services with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Virginia.

"She had only been there less than 24 hours," Schweitzer said. "She was facially recognizable — if somebody saw her picture they would know who she was."

The woman had many distinguishing features, including curly red-brown hair, ears pierced twice, and a Western shirt embroidered with red flowers she was wearing.

But despite that, nobody came forward to identify her.

And from the beginning there were deeply troubling signs about her origins: Her teeth were in very poor condition and her slight body was obviously malnourished.

But even more alarming was the extensive physical abuse that appeared to have taken place over several weeks before her death.

"When she was discovered, she was obviously beaten and horrifically tortured prior to her death," said lead investigator Tracy Hintz, with the Racine County Sheriff's Office.

And that led investigators to the conclusion that she might have been held against her will for some time before she was beaten and left for dead.

Stable isotope analysis points northward

Over the years, Hintz and others searched multiple U.S. missing-persons databases, and used facial reconstruction software to create photographs, posters and Facebook posts.

But they were never able to crack the case of the woman known only as Jane Doe 1999.

Three years ago, they even exhumed her remains for DNA testing but still came up empty-handed.

"We have her DNA, but if we don't know who she is, we are kind of stuck," said Hintz.

So the decision was made to send fragments of her bone and hair to researchers at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C., for a process called stable isotope analysis.

Anthropologists have used stable isotope analysis for years to track the migrations of ancient humans. Criminal investigators also use it to trace the origins of explosives and drugs.

And increasingly in cases like this one, it is used to try to determine the origin of unidentified individuals.

No perfect matches

But unlike DNA analysis, which can provide a near perfect match with an individual, stable isotope analysis cannot identify people.

What it can reveal instead are subtle clues about diet, geography and movements of a person in the months and years before their death.

It does this by using a device called a mass spectrometer, which measures variations in the molecular level of elements such as oxygen, nitrogen, carbon and hydrogen that are absorbed into our bones, teeth and hair from the food and water we consume.

"Basically, you are what you eat," says Hintz. "Those stable isotopes stay in different parts of your body as you grow." And, she explains, the levels of these various isotopes will vary depending on where you live in the world.

In the case of Jane Doe 1999, those clues led investigators to expand their search area far wider than before.

What they learned was that the young woman, who they believed to be between the ages of 15 and 30, may have been from, or spent several years in, somewhere within a broad stretch of southern Canada between British Columbia and Newfoundland, or possibly even parts of the western U.S. such as Alaska or Montana.

Tips are pouring in

While the new clues expanded the search area to a huge swath of new territory, they also helped investigators refocus on new sources for clues.

Hintz had hoped to receive tips from people north of the border — and they started pouring in after this information was released, she said.

"Yes, I have been very busy," she said Tuesday morning. "[The tips] are all appreciated. They can lead to something or lead to ruling something out."

Hintz says while it will take a long time to prioritize the new tips, and run down every clue, the cold case is one she is devoted to cracking one day.

"If it is a sleepless night at home, I will pull out this case and work on it from there," she said.

"This is why I came back to the detective bureau. I specifically asked for this case because she deserves more than this, no matter who she was or where she lived."

Ultimately Hintz has two goals. The first is identifying the young woman found battered and left for dead on the side of the road nearly two decades ago, and give her back a name.

"The other is to bring those who are responsible for this to justice," Hintz said.

Anyone with a tip is asked to call 1-800-843-5678 or contact Hintz directly at (262) 636-3190.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...1999-1.3820716

http://www.ktva.com/investigators-sa...ed-alaska-828/

Just had to post the sketch on the right, I never saw it before in a large version, only a very small one, and I still think she looks like a certain girl who still isnīt in the Namus exclusion list, for whatever reason. Same eyes and eyebrows, teeth from the left picture, and even the same hairline on her right fore head if you check her post mortem picture.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast