Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could Jane Doe be from Eastern Europe?,Racine County Jane Doe

ice Could Jane Doe be from Eastern Europe?,Racine County Jane Doe

Could Jane Doe be from Eastern Europe?

Racine County officials want help identifying a young woman whose body was found in 1999. She had been abused and murdered. They also hope to get information that leads to her killer.

Was this Racine County Jane Doe—found dead in 1999 in a Raymond corn field—originally from Eastern Europe and only a recent arrival to the U.S.?

Whether or not she was is one question investigators of this cold case continue to ponder. Unfortunately, unless they disinter her body, the tests can't be run to determine whether or not she could have been from a former Soviet bloc country.

"We talked about it at the time, but the tests are expensive," said Racine County Medical Examiner Tom Terry. "Now, the girl's jaw bones are no longer viable so the only way we can run these tests is to disinter her body."

A man out walking his dog in July 1999 discovered her body in a Raymond cornfield. According to a story from The Journal Times, in the weeks before her death, the young woman suffered blunt force trauma to much of her body, was malnourished and showed signs of being sexually abused. Her left ear was battered, commonly referred to as cauliflower ear.

Investigators then could find no clue to the girl's identity, but retired Detective Eileen Reilly, who led the search for clues about who Jane Doe was, said she thought the young woman could possibly be from another country.

She told The Journal Times last year that during the height of the investigation, she hired a caregiver for her mother who was not a U.S. citizen.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children recently released an updated reconstruction of what Jane Doe may have looked like. She is described as being white, between the ages of 18 and 30, 5-foot-8, 120 pounds with brown hair and brown or hazel eyes. Both of her ears were double-pierced and she did not appear to have any scars or tattoos.

Lt. Steve Sikora, a spokesperson for the Racine County Sheriff's Department, told Patch last week there are no plans to exhume the young woman's body, but since the new rendering was released, Racine County Sheriff's Investigators Tom Knaus and Tracy Hintz have received a number of new leads.

"We are following each and every lead possible," Knaus said. "As you can imagine, new leads are coming in now with the release of this updated image of what Jane Doe may have looked like."

Patch has also spoken about the case with representatives from the Milwaukee office of the FBI since human traffickers used O'Hare International Airport as a transportation hub. According to the website enddemandillinois.org Chicago's central location makes the airport a target destination for traffickers. That site's goal is to reduce the demand for the sex trade by "shifting law enforcement's attention to sex traffickers and people who buy sex, while proposing a network of support for survivors of the sex trade."

Chicago's central geographic location, regionally divided and often insular ethnic communities, transportation infrastructure, and the O'Hare International Airport make the city an ideal location for traffickers to bring victims into Illinois and transport them to other cities and states.

Or, perhaps Jane Doe arrived in U.S. as an au pair who met up with the wrong people. Au Pair in America stated in 1999 that demand for au pairs from Eastern Europe—Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic—was strong and growing.

Updates on the case are available on the Jane Doe Racine County Facebook page. If anyone has any information, they are encouraged to call Racine County investigators Tom Knaus at (262) 636-3367) or Tracy Hintz at (262) 636-3190.

Anonymous tips can also be left with Crime Stoppers of Racine County at 1-888-636-9330, email: http://racine.crimestoppersweb.com, or text message: RACS to 274637(CRIMES).

http://mountpleasant.patch.com/artic...eastern-europe

ETA: New pictures

Default Re: Could Jane Doe be from Eastern Europe?,Racine County Jane Doe

On Namus:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4741

I thought she looks like Pollyanne Jeanne Carter, but height is a bit off, and eyecolor should be hazel or brown instead of blue.
    http://www.missingin.org/reg3279/pol...ean_carter.htm

I wonder if this girl is still missing, can't find much about her, and the page is outdated

http://www.oocities.org/southbeach/s...3/missing.html

This Page is an outdated, user-generated website brought to you by an archive.It was mirrored from Geocities at the end of October, 2009.

Noticed the date of birth, it says 13 September, instead of September 13. Maybe it was in her passport, or one of her relatives forwarded it that way, but that is how we write dates in Europe, first the day then the month.

ETA; Forwarded to Todd Matthews yesterday, hope they can figure out if Julie is still missing or not, and if she could be Racine County Jane Doe.

I pasted them together, think she could match?

Her height is off, as Racine Jane Doe is listed as 5.7-5.8 ft, but on another website I found her listed as 5.08 ft, which would be closer to the 5.1 don't know which height is correct though. Outdated website so I don't even know if she is still missing.

On July 21, 1999 a body of a white female homicide victim was discovered on the edge of a cornfield located on 92nd Street in Racine County. She was 5'08", 120 pounds with short brown hair

http://racinesheriff.org/news

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	racine county jane doe1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	2682

Age range for Jane Doe determined

CALEDONIA – Authorities now believe a young woman who had been tortured before her body was dumped in a Raymond cornfield was either a teenager or in her early 20s.

To mark the 16th anniversary since the body was found in Raymond, the Racine County Sheriff’s Office held a brief ceremony Tuesday where the young woman known as Jane Doe was re-interred at Holy Family Cemetery, 6124 Highway 31, in Caledonia.

On July 21, 1999, the body of a white female homicide victim was discovered on the edge of a cornfield located on 92nd Street in Racine County. This female suffered severe abuse prior to her death.

On Oct. 16, 2013, the Racine County Sheriff’s Office exhumed her body for further testing.

While her body was at the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner’s Office, a forensic anthropologist from Knoxville, Tennessee, performed isotopes testing, which measures natural variations in the body.

Authorities now believe she was between 18 to 25 years old, Sheriff Christopher Schmaling said.

The advancements in forensics and the support of National Center for Missing & Exploited Children have been extraordinary, according to a release from the Racine County Sheriff’s Office. This case will continue to be worked until she is identified and persons responsible are held accountable for her death, the release stated.

Schmaling continued to urge people to come forward with any information that may relate to the case.

People can contact Racine County Sheriff’s Investigator Tracy Hintz at 262-636-3190 or by email at tracy.hintz@goRacine.org or on Facebook at “Jane Doe Racine County, Wisconsin.”

Pallbearers from the Racine County Sheriff’s Department carry Jane Doe to her gravesite at Holy Family Cemetery, 6124 Highway 31, in Caledonia, Tuesday, July 21, 2015, on the 16th anniversary of the day that her body was found in Raymond cornfield.

Authorities now believe a young woman who had been tortured before her body was dumped in a Raymond cornfield was either a teenager or in her early 20s. Her body was exhumed by the Racine County Sheriff’s Department for further testing on Oct. 16, 2013, and reinterred at the cemetery.

Reinterred today? I didn't get that from the article I posted before. I would have wanted to donate money for some more flowers. Reinterred after they exhumed her body in October 2013. I hope one day soon she will have her name back, so her loved ones can say goodbye to her.

http://journaltimes.com/news/local/c...36cae2aa4.html

Rest in peace girl.

Someday justice will be done.

Racine County Jane Doe reburied

RACINE COUNTY, Wis. —A 16-year-old murder mystery was reburied in a Caledonia cemetery Tuesday.

Sixteen years ago, on a quiet stretch of Racine County farmland in Raymond, a young woman was found dead.

“(She was) badly beaten and abused, and literally thrown out like trash in our county,” Racine County Sheriff Christopher Schmaling said.

The 18- to 25-year-old woman was wearing a denim shirt with red flowers when she was found in 1999.

Still, no one knows who she was or where she came from.

Her body was recently exhumed to use new technology to look for clues, and on Tuesday, she was reburied.

Jane Doe's murder is personal for cold case investigator Tracy Hintz.

“This has become almost a life work for you?” WISN 12 News reporter Nick Bohr asked.

“And it will continue until I identify her and bring those responsible to answer for their crimes,” Hintz said. “I struggled with making the decision to do this. It wasn't an easy thing to do this because I didn't want to disturb her. But eventually this is all going to pan out, and it won't be for naught.”

The headstone here will be put back in place. It reads, “Gone, but not forgotten.” The sheriff said he hopes to be able to give her a new headstone, one with her actual name.

“I'm embarrassed to say that we still have to refer to her as Jane Doe. We desperately want to put a name to this individual. I have no doubt there is a mother missing her daughter, a father missing a daughter, a sister -- somebody knows her,” Schmaling said.

Identifying the young woman would be a big step in finding her killer.

The sheriff said they did gather new evidence from the exhumation, but he was not comfortable talking about their new leads.

Anyone who thinks they can help identify the young woman is asked to call the Racine County Sheriff's Office at 262-636-3190. Callers can remain anonymous.

Video: http://www.wisn.com/news/racine-coun...uried/34282906

I contacted Mrs. Hintz, she never got the information which I was told was forwarded to the staff, and she will check. Odd she never received the info, wish I had contacted her immediately.

Very curious if it can be her, guess it will take a while.

Langendorf: Companies stepped up in Jane Doe case

Too often, we hear that businesses are only interested in profits. I believe this is not always true. Recently, Jane Doe was reburied at Holy Family Cemetery in Caledonia. There were several companies and organizations which donated time and materials to make this happen.

The Catholic Cemetery Association not only donated the grave and the opening and closing originally in 1999, but disinterred her in 2013, refilled the grave, and now reopened the grave at no charge. This was done so that the Milwaukee Medical Examiner, Dr. Brian Peterson, could do a new procedure to help identify this young woman.

Brown-Wilbert Burial Vault Co., from Milwaukee, donated the first vault, helped in the disinterment and donated a second vault when she was reinterred this past Tuesday, July 21. Hoffman Casket Co., from Peoria, Ill., donated a new casket.

The Racine Medical Examiner, Michael Payne, the Milwaukee Medical Examiner, Dr. Brian Peterson, Sheriff Christopher Schmaling, lead investigator, Tracey Hintz, and their staff are working endless hours to identify this young woman.

None of these people knew this young woman nor where she came from. None of them asked "Who’s going to pay my bill?" They did know that something needed to be done, and they did it. To them all, I will be eternally grateful, as will her family when she is finally identified.

Gary A. Langendorf

president, Draeger-Langendorf Funeral Home, Mount Pleasant

http://journaltimes.com/news/opinion...dc4bb489c.html

Three months ago today since I contacted the investigator, no news yet, and as I reposted the latest news on the Grateful Doe thread last week, there could be several reasons why it takes time, after all it is nothing like CSI on television, case solved in an hour.
    I check for updates every day, we'll just have to wait, which is very difficult for someone as curious as me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast