Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Johnnie Joe Herrera, CA, 20, 8/27/71

Default Re: Johnnie Joe Herrera, CA, 20, 8/27/71

Today is Johnnie's birthday. He would be 61. Happy birthday, Johnnie, wherever you are.

Awww!!!

I happened to mention to my counselor today that I've been investigating Johnnie's disappearance and when I told her about the case, she seemed very interested and gave me a few ideas that I never even thought of.

First, she stated that in general, bachelor parties only invite a select few friends and relatives guests. The guests are usually those who have a specific function in the ceremony, such as the best man, ushers, etc. Therefore, she thinks that Johnnie actually had one of those roles.

Also, since most bachelor and bachelorette parties are held the night before the wedding or sometimes the week before, she told me that she thought it was outrageous that (assuming that Jose Aceves is the correct groom) the wedding simply went on as planned as though Johnnie wasn't even missed! Given that Johnnie was at the bachelor party, she thinks he may have had an actual role in the ceremony and therefore (if that was the case), she found it even harder to believe that the wedding went smoothly without Johnnie.

When we happened to discuss the fact that Johnnie's twin brother Joe made a point to look for him in the Skid Row area of Los Angeles, which is very dangerous and has a lot of drug and gang activity, my counselor wondered if perhaps there was a stripper or call girl at the party who was from that dangerous area. She suggested that perhaps Johnnie had given the stripper a ride back to Skid Row. She said that perhaps Joe may have been aware of that and that could be why he went there to look for his brother.

Also, she said she thinks Annette (his wife) may have had something to do with Johnnie's disappearance because of the fact that she not only didn't go to the police herself, she made a point to declare Johnnie legally dead on the exact day of the seven-year anniversary of his disappearance (in the U.S., a person must be missing for at least seven years before you can declare them legally dead) and then got re-married that same year. It gives the impression that she didn't really care about Johnnie and couldn't wait to have him officially declared dead.

What do you think?

BTW, when I showed her Johnnie's picture, the first thing she remarked on was how handsome he was.

If anyone out there reading is related to Johnny, was at the bachelor party or knows anything useful about this case, please email me at starlessmystery@gmail.com , a member here sure would like to know more about this case and could use your help and I'll hook you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby88 View Post
    I happened to mention to my counselor today that I've been investigating Johnnie's disappearance and when I told her about the case, she seemed very interested and gave me a few ideas that I never even thought of.

First, she stated that in general, bachelor parties only invite a select few friends and relatives guests. The guests are usually those who have a specific function in the ceremony, such as the best man, ushers, etc. Therefore, she thinks that Johnnie actually had one of those roles.

Also, since most bachelor and bachelorette parties are held the night before the wedding or sometimes the week before, she told me that she thought it was outrageous that (assuming that Jose Aceves is the correct groom) the wedding simply went on as planned as though Johnnie wasn't even missed! Given that Johnnie was at the bachelor party, she thinks he may have had an actual role in the ceremony and therefore (if that was the case), she found it even harder to believe that the wedding went smoothly without Johnnie.

When we happened to discuss the fact that Johnnie's twin brother Joe made a point to look for him in the Skid Row area of Los Angeles, which is very dangerous and has a lot of drug and gang activity, my counselor wondered if perhaps there was a stripper or call girl at the party who was from that dangerous area. She suggested that perhaps Johnnie had given the stripper a ride back to Skid Row. She said that perhaps Joe may have been aware of that and that could be why he went there to look for his brother.

Also, she said she thinks Annette (his wife) may have had something to do with Johnnie's disappearance because of the fact that she not only didn't go to the police herself, she made a point to declare Johnnie legally dead on the exact day of the seven-year anniversary of his disappearance (in the U.S., a person must be missing for at least seven years before you can declare them legally dead) and then got re-married that same year. It gives the impression that she didn't really care about Johnnie and couldn't wait to have him officially declared dead.

What do you think?

BTW, when I showed her Johnnie's picture, the first thing she remarked on was how handsome he was.
    ...but there is always the possibility that his wife just didn't care. Seen it before for sure, with men and women not caring. Hope someone will come forward and shed some more light on what Johnny was doing that night. We need your help, please email me at starlessmystery@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Starless View Post
    ...but there is always the possibility that his wife just didn't care. Seen it before for sure, with men and women not caring. Hope someone will come forward and shed some more light on what Johnny was doing that night. We need your help, please email me at starlessmystery@gmail.com
    I thought about that too. I wonder if the reason she herself never went to the police was because she never thought there was foul play and simply assumed that Johnnie had run off and wasn't particularly interested in finding him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby88 View Post
    I thought about that too. I wonder if the reason she herself never went to the police was because she never thought there was foul play and simply assumed that Johnnie had run off and wasn't particularly interested in finding him.
    Maybe he didn't sleep at home every night and she was used to it? He was a father, but still young, very attractive, and somehow life with a baby is very different. He still wanted to have fun with his friends I assume, but meanwhile had a wife and baby at home. Which he probably might not have been ready for, although he tried his best. Therefore I wonder if he usually came home at nights mostly. If not, it wouldn't be that strange his wife didn't report him missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Maybe he didn't sleep at home every night and she was used to it? He was a father, but still young, very attractive, and somehow life with a baby is very different. He still wanted to have fun with his friends I assume, but meanwhile had a wife and baby at home. Which he probably might not have been ready for, although he tried his best. Therefore I wonder if he usually came home at nights mostly. If not, it wouldn't be that strange his wife didn't report him missing?
    I've thought about that. It's certainly a possibility if Detective Fenton was correct by saying that they were having issues in their marriage. I know some young couples who've done this from time to time as a way of cooling off after an argument or something.

I keep wondering why his wife died so young.

Quote Originally Posted by Starless View Post
    I keep wondering why his wife died so young.
    So do I. I could have sworn I heard or read somewhere that she died of some form of cancer, but I don't remember where.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast