Leigh Savoie’s parents last saw their son 35 years ago when he was just 10 years old. To this day, they have no idea what happened to him.

Savoie disappeared from the Suffolk Downs area on April 7, 1974. It was a long time ago, but police are not giving up.

It was Easter time, and Leigh went to Suffolk Downs with a shoe shine kit to make some money.

“He intended to go down to shine shoes because he wanted to buy his mother an Easter present. He was never seen since that day,” said Suffolk District Attorney Daniel Conley.

Leigh was last seen at a nearby diner called The Beachmont. The owner told police the boy stopped by.

“He dropped off his shoe shine kit and said he was going to the beach. That was it. That's the last we heard of him,” said Conley.

Leigh disappeared at a time in history before Amber Alerts, and before massive searches for little kids.

No trace of him has ever been found, and it’s tough to find witnesses who are still live.

But this is not a case without leads. The biggest lead might be the frightening story of another boy who was attacked at Suffolk Downs later that same year.

“I never thought it would happen to be,“ Cliff Pisano told FOX25’s Bob Ward.

Pisano was nine years old in 1974. On a September day, he was selling used racing programs near the T stop with several friends, when a man in a white car pulled up.

“Guy offered us $10. I was with three friends. He offered us $10 to wash his car. I bucked up with a friend of mine. I won. I said, ‘Great, $10.’ To a nine year old back then, that was like $100 today. I went with the guy. Wrong choice,” Pisano said.

The man brought him to a remote area overlooking Logan Airport.

“The last thing I remember is him dragging me along the rocks. I have scars on my back to this day.”

Pisano was sexually assaulted, badly beaten and left for dead.

“Those planes going by, at night, all night long, are what shook me in and out of consciousness,” he said. “That and the Madonna statue that’s in East Boston watched over me.”

Twelve hours after the attack, a man walking through the area found him.

“I had a board stuck to my head with two nails in it. Another one stuck to my shoulder. And I had my head split open. I was lying in my own blood,” he said.

He spent five weeks in a coma fighting for his life.

After months in the hospital, Pisano recovered. Police made an arrest, and Pisano testified against his assailant, who was eventually found guilty and served time for the attack.