Thread: I-59 Jane Doe

mystery I-59 Jane Doe

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/26ufga.html

Unidentified White Female
    Located on December 16, 1988 in Rising Fawn, Dade County, Georgia.
    Cause of death was homicide.

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 16 - 25 years old. Birth Range: 1963 - 1972.
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6 - 5'8"; 120 - 125 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder length strawberry red or brownish-red hair with frosted ends; brown eyes. No tattoos or scars.
    • Clothing: She was wearing an X-large, navy blue, thermaknit, long-sleeved pullover shirt; navy blue bra; Calvin Klein jeans; and black, size 9, lace-up, ankle-high shoes.
    • Jewelry: She wore a yellow gold chain around her neck and a white gold pinkie ring with a heart on the top. She wore the ring on her left pinkie finger.
    • Fingerprints: Available.
    • Dentals: Available. Three restorations, all very minor. Tooth 17 impacted.
    • DNA: Available.

Case History
    The victim was discovered on the east side of the northbound Interstate 59 lane. The victim was located approximately five miles from the Georgia / Alabama state line. The cause of her death was strangulation.
    This girl was sexually abused before her murder. Investigators feel like she is someone who might have been traveling through. In 1988, hitchhiking was not that uncommon.

Investigators
    If you have any information on this woman's identity or the circumstances surrounding her homicide, please contact:
    Georgia Bureau of Investigation
    Special Agent Joe Montgomery
    770-624-1424
    OR
    Dade County Coroners Office
    706-657-4111

All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

Agency Case Number: 11980189
    NCIC Number:
    U-500927633
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    Georgia Bureau of Investigation
    The Chattanoogan
    NamUs
    Last edited by Starless; 07-28-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Default Re: I-59 Jane Doe

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/7350

Case Information

Status Missing

First name Rebecca

Middle name

Last name Ferguson

Nickname/Alias

Date LKA September 16, 1988 - 07:06

Date entered June 03, 2010

Age LKA 32 to 32 years old

Age now 55 years old

Race White

Ethnicity

Sex Female

Height 68.0 inches

Weight 130.0 pounds

Circumstances

City Jasper

State Alabama

Zip code

County Walker

Circumstances :

No one has seen or heard from Becky Ferguson since Sept. 16, 1988. A relative expected Ferguson to come for a visit in Birmingham that day, but she never arrived.

A new Cadillac belonging to the 32-year-old mother of two was later found on the shoulder of Alabama 257 near the Jasper community of Curry.

Physical Characteristics

Hair color Brown

Head hair

Body hair

Facial hair

Left eye color Brown

Right eye color Brown

Eye description

No known distinctive body features

Distinctive features as described below

Amputations

Deformities

Scars and marks

Tattoos

Piercings

Artificial body parts

and aids

Finger and toe nails

Other distinctive

physical characteristics

Medical

Medical implants

Foreign objects

Skeletal information

Clothing and Accessories

Clothing and accessories are unknownClothing and accessories are described below

Clothing
    Footwear
    Jewelry
    Eyewear
    Accessories

Transportation Methods

Vehicle make

Vehicle model

Year

Style

Vehicle color

Tag type

Tag number

Tag state

Expiration year

Vehicle comments

Airline

Bus

Dental

Status Dental information / charting is currently not available

DNA

Fingerprint Information

Police Information

Title

Investigator

First name Tim

Last name Thomas

Jurisdiction

County

Agency Walker County Sheriff's

Address 12001 2nd Avenue South

Address 2

City Jasper

State Alabama

Zip code 35501

Phone 205-302-6464

Email

Website

Case number 09018801M

Date reported September 16, 1988

Comments

Images

There are currently no images available for this case.

Documents

There are currently no documents available for this case.
    Last edited by Starless; 01-07-2012 at 09:42 PM.

A very nice lady emailed me and told me she submitted this match for this Jane Doe and it is being looked at.

Hi Starless, when I had contact with Rebecca Ferguson's mother a few years ago, she said she contacted Dade County Ga authorities (where I-59 Jane Doe was located) and they determined that Ferguson was not a match for Jane. She did not elaborate, so I don't know upon what that determination was based.

The timeframe is right. I just wish there were pics of Ferguson available.

I wish there was as well. I wonder if the high school she attended would have a yearbook photo, that would be better than nothing for sure.

Lisahas2, did you ever try to see if Rebecca's school had a photo? If not I can try.

If any of her family is reading, maybe they could submit a photo to be released to not just here, but other missing persons sites as well. My email is starlessmystery@gmail.com

Starless, I did not. After her family said that Dade County officials said that Rebecca was not a match for I-59, I did not pursue it further.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/alleged-ser...4#.UXyrQcpJxRI

Following the recent arrest of Samuel Little, a career criminal suspected in three Los Angeles murders, police from across the country are shaking out their cold case files and reconstructing the trail of a potential serial killer who may have travelled the country sexually assaulting and murdering women for decades.
    Little, 72, was extradited to Los Angeles last fall after an arrest at a Kentucky homeless shelter for possessing a crack pipe. Stored DNA linked Little to three hauntingly similar California murders.
    In each case, young women were punched out and strangled in L.A. in 1989.
    As investigators began looking into Little's past, they discovered a rap sheet that stretched for more than 100 pages, covering crimes in 24 states over 56 years.
    His criminal record provides an astonishing account of his whereabouts on an almost monthly basis for decades.
    In a terrifying number of cases, an unsolved murder occurred at a time and place where Little lived.

"It's just statistically impossible for a man to keep being in a town where a body turns up," said Det. Darren Versiga of the Pascagoula, Miss., Police Department, who believes he has linked the 1982 death of 22-year-old prostitute Melinda LaPree to Little.
    Versiga has re-interviewed witnesses who spoke with police following LaPree's death. Though there is no longer any DNA that could possible link Little to the crimes that way, the victim's murder matches Little's MO and his rap sheet suggests he was in town at the time.
    Authorities believe Little, a transient and former boxer who spent much of his life in prison, delivered a knockout punch to his victims, before strangling them, masturbating over their bodies and fleeing town.
    "We see a pattern, and the pattern matches what he's got away with in the past," LAPD Det. Mitzi Roberts told the Associated Press.
    In Florida, several police departments "feel like they might have some possible cases that could be tied to Little. Cold cases match up to dates he was in the area," said Gretl Plessinger, spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
    Little has yet to be charged with any murders outside of California.
    Following his arrest in September, Little pleaded not guilty in the three L.A. killings and is awaiting trial. His lawyer, public defender Michael Pentz, did not return calls.