Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839

Thread: 3 Missing Women

Default Re: 3 Missing Women

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    I hope I will get old enough to read about a confession, and that Suzie, Stacey and Sherrill will be found. It is all about evidence and it seems the evidence is not enough to get those suspects arrested. I can't imagine with all the files they have, they still don't know which way to turn, classmates, serial killer(s), (ex) boyfriend(s), a gang, drugs related ( or diet pills), and whatever else they might have in their files. Maybe time will tell, but hopefully a witness is going to speak up, or someone involved will confess after all these years, 22 years is a very long time for their relatives, not knowing what happened.
    I agree with you. I as well, hope that I live long enough to see someone charged in this case.

I also feel, like you, that Law Enforcement has some idea who may have been involved, but the evidence isn't enough to file charges. I think that that is one of the reasons they brought the case in front of a Grand Jury a couple times. Grand Jury's follow slightly different rules when it comes to their ability to decide to file charges in a criminal case.......however, if the Grand Jury's didn't feel that they had enough to file charges, then that is a good sign that the evidence is probably not that strong unfortunately.

Even if they have a good idea what happened, why, and who did it.

Is this the same thing Rick Norland used for the Cox South Hospital Parking Garage? ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8DKyRK27pM)

New device locates hidden bodies, helps OSBI solve crimes article from May 3, 2015

( The "new" device is called Findar)

In June, 2012, Samantha Weaver, 27, and a mother of two, disappeared near Shawnee.

Almost three years later, agents from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation gathered in a shed on Rustic Oaks Drive outside of Shawnee to search for her body using a new device.

It is called FINDAR, a tool with ground-penetrating radar capable of finding secret graves.

Graves of homicide victims often remain hidden for years, but with the help of the new tool, more bodies should be recovered quicker, Special Agent Francia Thompson said.

Thompson was one of the OSBI agents on the case when remains presumed to be Weaver’s were found March 11.

Following a tip made to the Pottawatomie County district attorney, agents went to the shed and found the remains buried about 3 feet deep under a plywood floor. It was the OSBI’s first successful use of FINDAR.

Thompson said the tool, which cost $20,000, was added to the OSBI arsenal in October.

“It is helping us do our job,” she said.

The instrument is mobile and can be pushed around like a light lawnmower. Thompson demonstrated it recently behind the OSBI headquarters in Oklahoma City, finding a network of tree roots underground.

A screen on the device shows an image that indicates disturbances in the soil, and that is where crews will dig, she said.

Major development

Authorities charged Troy D. Loveland, 42, of Shawnee, with murder in Weaver’s case in April in Pottawatomie County District Court. Loveland already was in prison on a 2014 felony kidnapping and domestic assault and battery conviction.

Charges in the Weaver case allege Loveland caused the death of Weaver on or about June 15, 2012.

Locating what is presumed to be Weaver’s remains was a major development in the case, OSBI agents said.

The state medical examiner is still working to positively identify the remains, a spokesman said Friday.

The tool will be used to assist other law enforcement agencies statewide, Thompson said.

Finding victims of homicides who have been left in shallow graves is important for those who knew them and for investigators, Thompson said.

“This is helping us look for evidence and for bodies in graves to help bring people back to their families,” Thompson said.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/541...eb925ea710560a

The pictures look like the same lawn mower thing Rick Norland used? And if so, why didn't they dig just to be sure nothing is there?

I don't get it, why is it in an article as a new invention, and isn't trustable in another investigation? It looks like the same machine/invention to me.

I was thinking the same thing when I was reading this. They can name it something new but law enforcement has been using ground penetrating radar for years and years. Glad to see them putting it to good use though.

Quote Originally Posted by Starless View Post
    I was thinking the same thing when I was reading this. They can name it something new but law enforcement has been using ground penetrating radar for years and years. Glad to see them putting it to good use though.
    The problem with the Norland scan is the timeline of the missing women. They went missing in June of 1992, and the parking garage was built in the fall of 1993.
    So unless someone reburied, or kept them hostage, or frozen for over a year, their burial at the parking garage is a "Mars" shot. Norland also stated on the full video that the objects he saw could have been tree roots or other debris in the fill dirt used. Reportedly he looked around and said I don't see any trees around here. Fact is he has no idea where the fill dirt came from, and had he looked just east of the garage, there is a pond surrounded by trees.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839