Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Gray Gaskins missing since March 2007

Default Kelly Gray Gaskins missing since March 2007

Hi, I'm new to this board and am looking for some help. My daughter, Kelly has been missing since March of 2007 and I have run out of ideas. She left our hometown in NC on Dec. 26 2006 with her boyfriend, Ervin Braxton Williams. He was headed to Mexico to avoid going to jail for a number of felony charges. She skipped out on probation for a simple possession charge. She called from somewhere in Texas on Jan.15, 2007 and did not seem very happy. That was the last time I spoke to her. Her best friend was keeping in touch with her and I was keeping tabs on her thru the girls Mom. Her friend, Virginia Wood, left Appalachian State Univ. in NC for Spring break to visit Kelly in Texas. She called her Mom March 17 to let her know she got there OK and that was the last time anybody heard from any of them. Kelly was 19 when she left and is considered an absconder so law enforcement has not been much help. Virginia Wood has been listed as missing on the NCIC but Kelly is not. I fear the worst for both. Kelly is a white female, 5ft 4in tall, 90 lbs. black short to shoulder length hair and a tattoo on her right shoulder of a black sun w/ a peace sign in it. I will provide pics and more info tomorrow. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Texaskowgirl Guest

Default Re: Kelly Gray Gaskins missing since March 2007

http://www.nampn.org/cases/wood_virginia.html

Above Images: Wood, circa 2007

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: March 22, 2007 from Chocowinty, North Carolina
    Classification: Missing
    Date Of Birth: November 11, 1987
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 190 lbs.
    Hair Color: Red (Natural Brown)
    Eye Color: Hazel
    Race: White
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Pierced left eyebrow,
    a scar 2' on upper inside left leg,
    small 'reddish' birthmark on right cheek
    - below eye. Wears glasses.

Details of Disappearance
    Vehicle Tag TTZ-6801 NC, 2003 Black Nissan Sentra. There are two WANTED persons that may have information concerning Virginia's whereabouts. IRVIN WILLIAMS and KELLY GASKINS. Virginia was last seen in the company of these people, her vehicle has not been located to date.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    CUE Center for Missing Persons
    (910) 232-1687 (24 hour)/ (910)343-1131
    OR
    Beaufort County Sheriff's Department
    (252)947-7111

Texaskowgirl Guest

Texaskowgirl Guest

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2007/...entmissing.php

ASU student missing after seven months
    By Melanie Davis
    melanie@highcountrymedia. net

It has been seven months since Appalachian State University student Virginia Lynne Wood, 19, was reported missing. She was reported missing to the Beaufort County Sheriffs Office in March by her mother.

The last time anyone heard from Wood, she called a friend from Texas stating she was going to Cancun, Mexico. Wood was believed in the company of Kelly Gray Gaskins, 19, and Ervin Braxton Williams, 23, both of Woods hometown of Chocowinity, N.C. Gaskins is wanted by the N.C. Department of Corrections for a probation violation. Williams is wanted by the Beaufort County Sheriffs Office for failing to appear on charges of first degree arson, first degree burglary, possession of cocaine, assault by pointing a gun and possession of marijuana.

Wood has not been heard from since the March 10th phone call. Her vehicle, a 2004 black Nissan Sentra with N.C. license plate number TTZ 6801, has also not been recovered.

Virginia Lynne Wood

Wood is 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighing approximately 175 pounds with shoulder-length brown hair and glasses. Her mother described her as an honor student who would avoid being the center of attention. She went by the nickname Ginnie.

Wood was a freshman during the time of her disappearance. She had planned to study accounting.

Her mother believes she is alive and well. I keep waiting. It is all I can do, said her mother Tammy Wood.
    Several agencies are cooperating in the effort to locate Wood, including the deputies of the Beaufort Sheriffs Office and the State Beauru of Investigations.

Anyone with information, or anyone who has spoken to Virginia Wood, Gaskins or Williams since March 10 is asked to call the Beaufort sheriffs office at (252) 946-7111 or the Beaufort County Crimestoppers at (252) 946-6400.

Crimestoppers will pay a reward up to $1,000 for information leading to the location of Wood or the arrests of Gaskins or Williams. Callers may remain anonymous

Texaskowgirl Guest

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/virginia-l-wood/

Also, many more pictures of Virginia at the above link.
    Last edited by Texaskowgirl; 03-15-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Texaskowgirl Guest

http://www2.wnct.com/nct/News/local/..._17_0041/9402/

Search on for two missing women
    Press Release
    Published: April 17, 2008
    Updated: April 17, 2008
    0 Comments | Post a Comment
    On March 20, 2007, the Beaufort County Sheriffs Office received a report of a missing person. Tammy Wood reported that her daughter, Virginia Lynne Wood, age 20, of Shelter Lane in Chocowinity N.C., had not been heard from or seen since March 10, 2007. Virginia was a student at Appalachian State University in Boone N.C. at the time of her disappearance. Virginia Wood is 56 tall and weighs approximately 175 pounds. She may be operating a black, 2004 Nissan Sentra with N.C. license plate number TTZ-6801.
    On December 10, 2007, the Sheriffs Office received a report indicating that Kelly Gray Gaskins, age 20, of Chocowinity N.C. was missing. Gaskins mother reported that she had not heard from Kelly since January of 2007. Kelly Gaskins is 53 tall and weighs approximately 100 pounds. The Sheriffs Office has been investigating the reports with the assistance of the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
    The investigation indicates that Virginia Wood and Kelly Gaskins may have been in the company of Ervin Braxton Williams in March of 2007. Williams is a white male, age 24, of Mouth of the Creek Road in Chocowinity. He is wanted by the Beaufort County Sheriffs Office for failing to appear in court on charges of First Degree Arson, First Degree Burglary, Possession of Cocaine, Assault by Pointing a Gun, and Possession of Marijuana. Gaskins is wanted by theNorth Carolina Department of Corrections for a Misdemeanor Probation Violation.
    Investigators believe Williams may have information on the location of Wood and Gaskins. When Gaskins last spoke to her family by phone in January of 2007, she advised that she was in Mexico with her boyfriend, Ervin Williams. When Wood last made contact with her family by phone in March of 2007, she advised that she was in Texas with Gaskins, and they were getting ready to go to Cancun, Mexico.
    If you have any information on the whereabouts of Virginia Wood, Kelly Gaskins, or Ervin Williams; or if you have seen or talked to Wood, Gaskins, or Williams in the last year, please call the Beaufort County Sheriffs Office at (252)946-7111 or Beaufort County Crime Stoppers at (252)974-6400. Crime Stoppers will pay up to a $1000.00 reward for information that confirms the whereabouts of Virginia Wood or Kelly Gaskins or leads to the arrest of Ervin Williams. The Wood family is offering an additional $1000.00 reward for information that leads to the confirmed whereabouts of Virginia Wood. Callers do not have to give their name, only their information.

Quote Originally Posted by NCMom View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this board and am looking for some help. My daughter, Kelly has been missing since March of 2007 and I have run out of ideas. She left our hometown in NC on Dec. 26 2006 with her boyfriend, Ervin Braxton Williams. He was headed to Mexico to avoid going to jail for a number of felony charges. She skipped out on probation for a simple possession charge. She called from somewhere in Texas on Jan.15, 2007 and did not seem very happy. That was the last time I spoke to her. Her best friend was keeping in touch with her and I was keeping tabs on her thru the girls Mom. Her friend, Virginia Wood, left Appalachian State Univ. in NC for Spring break to visit Kelly in Texas. She called her Mom March 17 to let her know she got there OK and that was the last time anybody heard from any of them. Kelly was 19 when she left and is considered an absconder so law enforcement has not been much help. Virginia Wood has been listed as missing on the NCIC but Kelly is not. I fear the worst for both. Kelly is a white female, 5ft 4in tall, 90 lbs. black short to shoulder length hair and a tattoo on her right shoulder of a black sun w/ a peace sign in it. I will provide pics and more info tomorrow. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Hi NC mom, I agree, innocent until proven guilty, right ? List her here, put up as many photos as you can of Kelly. Put a very detailed description of her, jewelry she always wore, etc... any past broken bones, dental originalities. List her here, at least then we have a photo out there for the public if she is seen somewhere.
    Last edited by Starless; 03-15-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Texaskowgirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Starless View Post
    Hi NC mom, I agree, innocent until proven guilty, right ? List her here, put up as many photos as you can of Kelly. Put a very detailed description of her, jewelry she always wore, etc... any past broken bones, dental originalities. List her here, at least then we have a photo out there for the public if she is seen somewhere.
    That's Kelly in the little pic in the post above yours.. I saw the charge online.. Misdemeanor... Maybe made a bad choice, but I wouldn't call her a criminal... As a mother too, I'm concerned over her choice in a boyfriend...

I hope they are in TX, rather than Mexico. It's so dangerous down there right now...

It is for sure that Kelly put herself in the position that she is in. I'm not one of those Moms that thinks her children are perfect, I am a realist. She never even went out with friends or really dated until she was almost 17. Very shy and withdrawn and was diagnosed with depression. Kelly was always original though. She had a great sense of humor. She was always very gullible and was easily led. When we moved to Beaufort County and changed her school she made very bad choices in new friends and it was down hill from there. Yes, she was on drugs, just as all her friends were. Are your kids perfect? Have you been able to hug your kid in the last 3 years? I don't care if someone recognizes her for being a fugitive and turns her in, just as long as she is found safe. The only publicity I could get painted her in a bad light. Like she had something to do with Ginni's disappearance, because she was a wanted fugitive. Whatever it takes! List her as being a murderer or a child molester if it brings her home. I don't care. Oh, and by the way, I don't guess it mattered that Ginni had a misdemeanor drug conviction of her own in 2006. Nobody's Perfect!

II agree with everything you said. She is innocent until proven guilty. Now put her height, weight, hair color, eye color, any jewelry she always wore, any past broken bones, anything at all that would describe her in case someone sees her... personally, I'm here in Texas, so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast